Hey GiL, I don't know if this is related to the Metal bug, but just after Christmas I ran into a problem where pressing the "Save Settings" button of ORKFramework failed to recognise that changes had been made to my game formulas. I got the popup that there were no changes made and so nothing saved, but if I playtest and come back to the framework my formula is reverted to before I worked on it.

I let it go for a while and did some vanila Unity tutorials in a different project, then today I re-opened my ORK project. I was super happy because I was able to alter a formula and have it save like normal, but now after an hour or so of work and testing, it is back to not registering or saving my changes. The one thing I can note is that the Framework saved like normal before I ran the build to playtest, then stopped working after.

My Consol error on loading the project is:
Editor: Metal support disabled, skipping device initialization
My Console Error after running is:
Error while parsing XML data: at System.String.IndexOf (Char value, Int32 startIndex, Int32 count) [0x00013] in /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System/String.cs:1114
at ORKFramework.XML.XMLParser.Parse () [0x00000] in :0
This happens during runtime when I try to load a save. The save loads and play occurs, but the error is redflagged.
  • edited January 2018
    Are you changing or saving settings in the ORK editor while playing?
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Not usually. I generally save, exit play, fix things, resume play and load my save or start a new game to see if it fixed what I need.

Very rarely I forget I am running and try to change things, but I try to be careful about that.
  • edited January 2018
    Well, we're having the same conversation in the other thread, so I'm closing this one here :)
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
This discussion has been closed.