edited January 2018 in ORK Support
Hi GiL,

we are having strange issues when using the prefab view of the character portrait.

Everytime we are in our character screen and the prefab view is going to display, we always get this error:
Tiled GPU perf. warning: RenderTexture color surface (942x530) was not cleared/discarded, doing
UnityEngine.GUI:Box(Rect, String)
ORKFramework.GUIBox:ShowGUI()
ORKFramework.GUIHandler:ShowLayer(Int32)
ORKFramework.GUIHandler:ShowGUI()
ORKFramework.ORKCore:FireGUITick()
ORKFramework.ORKHandler:OnGUI()

While this is completely harmless in Unity Editor, on Android it causes a lot of trouble, like causing overlays of HUD's or sometimes doesn't display certain GUI boxes.

I have very simple scene and when going back through "Load Scene" to a scene with HUDs and Portrait prefab view, I have some elemets of the previous screen in the background. Not every time, but like 2-3 times per day.

I'm not using any additive scene load of course, it's just a basic asynchronous load.

We are not sure, if it's purely Unity bug or ORK bug or we forgot to do something.

Our settings for prefab view is very simple:

Use Prefab View - ticked
Set Prefab - ticked

There are no custom camera options. In the scene is just one simple camera. We are using Graphics Emulation - OpenGL ES3.0 in Unity settings. Maybe that can cause it, but our game is graphicly advanced so we don't want to touch that.

Can you please check what really happens?

Regards,

Machal
Post edited by Machal on
  • Can you send me a small Unity test project where this happens?
    I'm not getting that error, and the render textures are actually cleared by ORK after being used ...
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited January 2018
    I'm affraid not, because it would took me days to set up menus like this and even then it would be lagrer than about 100mb.

I can show you the settings and explain via skype.

EDIT: It's a Unity bug fixed in 2017.2. Caused by Open GLES 2.0.3.0 graphic emulation. We will turn it off and hope nothing happens to our game.

Nevermind, thanks for the check.
    Post edited by Machal on
  • edited January 2018
    Ok, GiL,

we've actually found out, that when Show Dialogue with choices is before Close Menu Screen node, after clicking on the choice, it won't execute the menu node and the menu overlays with anything that comes next, e.g. Load Scene, different Menu Screen (Even when both have Single Screen enabled). And in the end of the event, it won't call it back with Call Menu Screen node.

After removing the Show Dialogue node, it worked just fine.

This happened with the menu that displays our character prefabs. Don't know if it's related and can't really test different type of menus.

I will probably need to create a HUD dialogue with global event choices.
    Post edited by Machal on
  • Can you give me some details on the setup?
    Where's the event called from, e.g. from an item used in an inventory menu screen?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • It's called via the button part in menu and the button has a global event that starts it.
  • edited January 2018
    Will do some tests.

Edit: Working fine here - naturally the menu screen is only closed if the slot of the selected choice has a Close Menu Screen node down the line.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
  • Don't really know what do you mean by "node down the line". Basically, my menu closes normally without the dialogue. When I put Show Dialogue node with choices, it doesn't.

The Global Event that gets started from the whole menu should close it, but it doesn't, like the Dialogue is blocking him, even it get's closed before closing the whole menu screen.

• The Button List menu part doesn't automatically close when selecting a global event menu item, i.e. the global event has to manually close the menu using a Close Menu Screen node.

What I meant by 'down the line' is, that whatever choice is selected, you need to have a Close Menu Screen node somewhere in the nodes that follow the choice. E.g. if choice 0 has a close node but choice 1 doesn't, choice 1 will not close the menu.
  • edited January 2018
    Yes, I have already set that up in the event. But it ignores the Close Menu node whenever you put Show Dialogue with choices in front of it.

It works in Unity Editor but not on mobile phone. After you build the version and publish it. Sorry should mention it earlier.

It bugs on Android and iOS same.
    Post edited by Machal on
  • edited January 2018
    Alright, will test that. Did you try adding a Wait node (e.g. 0.1 second wait) after the choice and before closing the menu?
  • No, I really haven't. It was my first node, there was really no point of doing that. And neither after the choice.
  • Tested it on Android and worked fine. Can you post a screenshot of your game event?
  • edited January 2018
    I will, later during the day, meanwhile, can you send me your event? Because I don't believe it works :)

Edit: Sent you the screenshot of my event to your mailbox
    Post edited by Machal on
  • I've sent you the screenshot of the event to your mailbox. Probably, this situation happens, when you have a player prefab as a portrait in the menu.
  • edited January 2018
    Will do some tests with a portrait setup - based on your screenshot, the menu will only be closed if the 'Yes' choice is selected and the required items are in the inventory, otherwise there's no Close Menu Screen node.
    Are you using new UI or legacy GUI?