I'm on Unity Version 2017.1.0p5 and the paintbrush tool won't appear when selected on a grid's inspector.
Is this just in 2017? Anyone else have this issue with previous versions of Unity?
  • Works fine for me in 2017.3. Latest ORK.
  • Working fine on my end as well (Unity 2017.1)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Hmmm....
    So has anyone had this issue before?
    I'll have the grid selected and click on the "paint" button but no changes happen to the cursor.
    When I try to left-click and drag to paint, it still behaves in Unity's default selection mode despite the fact that the paint button is depressed in the Inspector.
  • @Klep
    If you have any other assets with custom editor script that could be messing with this. Good thing would be to try in empty project with just ORK.
  • btw this has happened to me in Unity 2019.3.0a6, but it was after having being open for many hours and making many changes. The grid nodes weren't selectable or paintable.

Reloading the scene didn't help, but relaunching Unity fixed it.
  • @nibruki
    I'd recommend not working with any alpha or beta versions of Unity - they're not supported and will potentially break your project or ORK :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!