edited June 2018 in ORK Support
Hi everybody, it's been a while!

I want the player to interact with events through a menu screen option (something like menu->interact) with the same behaviour as the "accept" button. I have seen a small paragraph on this in the mecanim how to, but I can't really get it to work. Also, I'd like this to only work when the event is in the interaction controller's collider. Is there a way to, suppose, fire a given input from a menu option? Or any other way to do this? If not, any pointers on how to do this via script? (I was thinking a custom node and a menu option calling a global event with this node inside it).

Thank you for your help!
Post edited by azazello on
  • edited January 2018
    For the time being I solved this using a custom button "Interact" which points to a static function IsPressed checking if a "CustomButtonPressed" game variable on the player is true or false. I set this from a global event called by the button I'm pressing. This works pretty good and could be generalized with little to no work, but I'd still like to know if there is a better, less roundabout way to do this. =)

[edit] While doing something else entirely I found the InteractionController class and made a custom node call "Interact" which does, well, exactly that. I'm leaving the other solution above since it's more generic and addresses a different issue!
    Post edited by azazello on