edited March 2018 in ORK Support
Can I exit from "Game Over" scene to "Main Menu" scene after any button input? Looks like I can't setup this within ORK Game Over settings. And when I try to achieve this using simple C# script or ORK event, which wait for button input and then switch to Main Menu scene (I set big amount of waiting time at ORK Game Over settings beforehand), everything goes wrong - after I select New Game, player & camera controls became disabled. And when wait time expires, Main Menu scene loads again from gameplay!

Btw, another related small question - even when I use "standard" way of exiting Game Over scene using timer, Main Menu loads at Main Menu scene only using Menus/Main Menu/Autocall setting, ORK Game Starter script call doesn't work. Seems like it's because game already started earlier, am I right? Is this ok?
Post edited by Griever on
  • How's your game over called?

E.g. if it's from a battle end event, you could handle such a setup in there.
    Instead of using a Game Over node, you'd load your game over scene, use a Wait For Input node to wait for the player's input and do game over afterward (with no wait time in the game over settings).

The game starter will only call the main menu (or start the game) when actually initializing ORK, i.e. this only happens once in a running game.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited March 2018
    gamingislove said: Instead of using a Game Over node, you'd load your game over scene, use a Wait For Input node to wait for the player's input and do game over afterward (with no wait time in the game over settings).
    Oh, good idea! I don't guess about this, cause it's not obvious compared to calling game over node right after battle's end. Thanks, I'll try this method.

Btw, is it possible wait for input in "main" menu scene, before menu call? ( I mean game start menu).
    Looks like impossible with Game Starter or ORK Settings, do I need to write a script for this?
    Post edited by Griever on
  • Hm, I don't think that's possible.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • It would be nice to have such feature, for something like "Press Start Button" flickering label.