edited March 2018 in ORK Support
Hey, I'm trying something that is most likely super simple, but... yeah... xd
So, I set up a simple event.

EventStart > Opens a dialogue, choice > Select Answer A > Enables an object variable (for the event object)

So, now the object var bool = true. The second choice is only activated once the object variable is = true (for the event object).
Only, it's not showing. Do I have to define the variable exists before the event begins? I.E. when a scene loads?

It works fine via global var. Although, a global var would be a bit much for what I want and I plan to have multiples of the same object and don't want them all acting the same once I've activated the var at a different object.

Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks

Edit: Ok, sorry for making this post. I actually re-read the var tut and found my problem. For anyone who overlooked the same issue, you need 'ORK Object Variables' component on the object.
Post edited by n00bster on
  • That's correct - object variables are only available on game objects that have an ORK Object Variables component attached.
    Otherwise there's no way for linking variables to a game object :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!