1) How to get rid off flickering in "overview" (main in-game) menu? When I select submenu there, screen flicker for a moment because root menu closes and submenu opens.
2) How to close all previous GUI boxes when I call "overview" (main in-game) menu? For example, area name box or battle end alert.
I try to migrate from ORK1 to ORK2, and I haven't such troubles in ORK1.
  • 1) Use a General Background, they're set up in Menus > Menu Settings > Menu Backgrounds.

2) Other menu screens can automatically be closed by enabling Single Screen, but you can't close other GUI boxes like area notifications or dialogues from events.
    You can 'hide' them by placing the GUI boxes used for menus (and backgrounds) on a higher GUI layer.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited March 2018
    Other menu screens can automatically be closed by enabling Single Screen
    Everythings work ok now, except Load/Save submenus, because they are not real "menu screens", but separate "load" & "save" types in "button list" menu part. When I check "The menu screen is closed" checkbox in button definition, it doesn't preserve general background. And when I uncheck it, it show load/save submenus over "overview" menu - I don't want it, I need "overview" menu closed.

I haven't such a problem in ORK 1 where I able to define real load & save "menu screens".

Btw, when I click over described checkbox, suddenly left root column in editor changes it's size (instead of showing help about this checkbox) - looks like a bug.

So, how to preserve general background in load/save submenus?
    Post edited by Griever on
  • edited March 2018
    Well... I've found that I need to set up general background for save menu separately...
    This works fine for me.
    But looks like this "save background" is used both for "save point" save menu and "submenu" save menu. I.e. I can't have no background for save point & normal background for save submenu, which was possible in ORK1...
    Post edited by Griever on
  • Other menu screens can automatically be closed by enabling Single Screen, but you can't close other GUI boxes like area notifications or dialogues from events.
    But as for "shop" menu in ORK1 - game pauses when I enter shop event, and area name became hidden. When I exit shop, area name continues and became visible again. Is this possible in ORK2?
  • Enable Pause Game and Freeze Pause in the shop's settings. This blocks time from progressing while in the shop and keep the notifications open. Same should also be available for menu screens.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Enable Pause Game and Freeze Pause in the shop's settings. This blocks time from progressing while in the shop and keep the notifications open. Same should also be available for menu screens.
    It does not help, because shop menu don't cover the whole screen, and it semi-transparent.
    ORK2:
    ORK1 (upper notification hides immediately when I enter menu)
    Moreover, quantity selector becomes unusable after I enable shop pause.
  • edited March 2018
    That's a bug with the quantity selector, will be fixed in the next update.

I'll look into options for hiding notifications during shops/menus. Can't promise that this will be in the next update though (planned for this Friday).
    Post edited by gamingislove on