edited March 2018 in ORK Support
Hey there, I'm trying to setup so that combatants will only respawn after changing specific scenes. I did set up a variable in the combatant spawner:

Then after I set it up in the change game scene script:

I purposely put it as false, so that it won't spawn at all at the start. It spawns the combatant anyway. Even if I put it to true then kill the combatant it doesn't check at all and spawns the enemy immediately again.

The bug is the same as this one: http://forum.orkframework.com/discussion/3742/combatant-spawner

Am I missing any part?
Post edited by RobinHoodPT on
  • Did a quick test and worked fine on my end - enemy only spawned when the variable condition was valid. So my first guess would be that SpawnEnemies is true when the scene was loaded.

Which ORK version are you using? The bug you linked was only happening for respawning, not the initial spawn when entering the scene, should be fixed since ORK 2.14.4.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited March 2018
    Yeah, found out we were still on an old version of ork. (2.14.3). Updated it and now it semi-works.

The first spawn works depending on the variable I set in the scene change.
    But the RESPAWN does not work as intended. It immediately respawns the enemy. (With the same settings above)
    Now I tried doing it with scene ID activated. It does indeed NOT respawn the enemies, but when I change the scene and go back to the spawning scene, the enemy does not respawn.

Because the battle is done in a different scene (like the tutorial you did), each time you reload the scene before it respawns the enemy.

• edited March 2018
    Well, looks I found a solution with scene id + removing scene data in the scene changer. Totally overlooked that option. Thanks for the help though.

How would I go for if I want the enemies to respawn on a timer?
    The Respawn timer is set up in the Combatant Settings in the combatant spawner, but it spawns anyway.
  • edited March 2018
    Respawn timer will only be available between scene changes when you use the Remember Combatant setting. This keeps track of the spawned combatants and respawn times.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!