edited March 2018 in ORK Support
I'm sure this question has been asked before and there may be a tutorial about it I am missing (Rather a subpart of a tutorial I have skimmed pretty thoroughly.) But to the point.

I am following the small game tutorial where the combatant is used to fight once you've entered a fight however for my project I was going to use PlayerObject for the field to walk around the overworld but the part being interchangeable from a list of party members, so lets say 10 total characters but a roster of only 4.

So how can I set up my Battles to pull from a combatant list that can be changed rather than pulling my PlayerObject into combat?

Basically like old Final Fantasy games, like 6.

I feel silly asking because this seems so simple but I think I overlooked it in an early tutorial and just can't find it.
Post edited by RylanParal on
  • Well, ORK has Combatant Groups, which contain a list of Combatants belonging to that group.
    Then there is a concept of Active Player Group, that is which combatant group is the current player group.
    Inside the Active Player Group, one of the combatants must be made Player.

Inside ORK Game Events you can look at Game/Player Group and Game/Active Group for bunch of ways you can change active group, it's members and choose a new main player.

You could swap the active player group on Battle Start event and replace them back to field player group on Battle End Events.

(Btw, it's not tied to your player game object, but the active group)

if you just want to use different prefabs in battle, and different prefab outside battle then combatant has conditional prefabs. Right now I could not find the filter specifically for Battle Prefab/Field Prefab but you could use variable filter to create variable called Battle, and set it to true/false in BattleStart/BattleEnd.
  • Hey look at that. I figured it was more simple than I was making it. Also a tip for anyone else that stumbles on this thread you have to set 'Delete Prefab' on true for your Remove from the active group. that or your Feild prefab will just hang out in the middle of your battle scene.

Thanks Hellwalker!