edited April 2018 in ORK Support
Hi GiL,

using ORK 2.14.4, because new Unity Asset Store won't let me upgrade to latest version for whatever reason.

Anyway, I have a game with Active Battles, where I can choose different combatants into battle (like pokemon or smth.).

While this function works fine with my specific team, that goes full AI with one button that I've set up, there are random other combatants that doesn't get changed. All of them have same AI settings (turned off, attacking only group target,if possible), because I'm using Group Targeting only.
Or, when I change my team into 4 combatants of the same type, it usually doesn't work too. They just stand there, waiting for manual commands.
Sometimes they get bugged in "AfterTurn" state for the rest of the battle and only the first one works.

The event is pretty simple, it just changes AI controlled of members of the battle group, from 1-5 (because size of my battle party is max.5).

They all have Battle AI set up.
Post edited by Machal on
  • edited April 2018
    Ok, after multiple tests, the bug occurs, when I put 4 same combatants into battle and put them all on AI controlled.

They have Battle AI containing simple Base Attack.

Their AI settings is:
    AI Controlled: Ticked
    AI Controlled Player: Ticked
    Attack Group Target: Ticked
    rest is off

Battle Start event used node that sets their AI into 'Not AI Controlled' so that I can launch them with one button made by my HUD.

When it occurs, the 'battle member 0' works, rest of them stays in 'AfterTurn' state for the rest of the battle after they perform auto attack.

Once in about 20 times, it works normally.
    Post edited by Machal on
  • Can you post some details on your event's setup? Especially the actor and AI node setup :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Sent you e-mail with the Autoplay Event :)
  • Hm, did a test with your event and it worked fine on my end, combatants started being AI controlled and the combatant currently selecting an action used the base attack.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Yes, then the rest does base attack too, but the next turn, only the first combatant is able to do action. Rest stays in 'AfterTurn' with empty action bar.

Can send you short video.
  • They also continue to use actions (AI controlled) in the following turns in my test project. Might be some combination with other settings from the battle system, so I'd need a test Unity project where the issue occurs.
  • Have you tried it more than once? As I've mentioned, it worked for me once in about 20 times.
  • Yes, I've tested it multiple times (and over multiple turns) and it always worked correctly.
  • edited April 2018
    Ok, I think, I've been able to find the issue.

My Battle Start Event sets 'Player Group' to 'Not AI Controlled' so that they don't start doing actions on their own without pressing the button.

The Inferference goes, when I press the button that sets them back to 'AI Controlled' so that they all do their auto attack by AI, but it pops me the Battle Menu like I should be going with the next character. But he already moved, so it's all stuck.

As soon as I remove the Node from Battle Start Event, they work fine on their own, but I have no button control over it.

Funny, that it only happens, when they are the same type.

Using Unity 2017.1.2
    Post edited by Machal on
  • Hm, well, I did the same (disabled AI controlled for the player group in the battle start event).

Could you give me more details on your battle system's setup?
  • edited April 2018
    I've sent you by mail our ORK project asset so you can check the setup and also our battle start event.
    Post edited by Machal on
  • Tested it with your battle settings, still working fine on my end. I'll need a Unity test project where this happens to help you.