Okay, so I've been using ORK for the past few weeks and have been really enjoying it. However, a huge issue has arisen just today. My player can't move anymore! Like the camera can still move, that's all fine, just not the player. I was using a custom script for movement, so i figured that's the issue, so I disabled it and let ORK take control. Yet still no luck.

Even odder, I usually just start straight to the scene I'm working on with a quick game start event. So I tried loading from the main menu method. This time it won't even go to the scene.

Anyone ever heard of anything like this?
  • Check your Unity project's Time Scale in Edit > Project Settings > Time in the Unity menu.
    Sounds like it's set to 0, stopping any time related progress (e.g. screen fades for scene changes or the player's movement). It should be set to 1.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Oh wow, how embarrassing! I didn't think that was the problem since my pause feature was still functioning and blocking my camera movement. Well, now I know that option exists in the menu.

Thank you Gil! And I always wanted to tell you, that you've crafted a wonderful project that I'll be exploring for a loooong time for now.

Kind of a quick unrelated question, but when I buy Ork, is it possible to use on two computers, say on my desktop and laptop? Or is that forbidden to prevent piracy, understandable if so.
  • Yeah, this issue pops up every now and then and Unity just decides to set your time scale to 0. Never actually happened to me, but several people had that issue in the past. If stuff seems stuck and nothing progresses (screen fades, wait times, etc.) it's usually the time scale :)

And yes, you're allowed to use ORK on multiple computers.
    However, you'll need a license for every person that's using it - you alone on multiple computers is ok (requires only 1 license), but 2 people using it require 2 licenses, etc.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!