Hello everyone, am having some issues with my combatant battle ai. I spawn my enemy combatants in batches. The first and second batches battle Ai seems to be working well to a reasonable extent. They are able to use there battle Ai for most times during battles, when close to the player. But the third and subsequent batches when spawn, simply follows the player combatant around without ever using there battle Ai. Note that the combatants are all the same and use exactly the same battle Ai. I have also gone through my events, and i cant find anywhere battle Ai is blocked. Wondering if this is a bug or something. Any assistance will be appreciated
  • Sounds like you're using a scene ID to mark a battle as finished (e.g. in the combatant spawner).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • @gamingislove i removed the scene id on my combatant spawner. So is no longer using scene id. But it still didn't solve the problem. The first set of combatants are spawned with combatant spawner(which seems to work fine), while the subsequent ones(doesn't seem to work) are spawned with ork game events. I just want all the combatants spawned in the scene to participate in the battle.
  • Can you give me more details on spawning them via game events? What's your settings, e.g. are they using the correct faction (being an enemy of the player)?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited April 2018
    @gamingislove At the start of my event, I check if the task is finished, If failed(that's not finished) it spawns combatants and then comes back and keep checking the task like a kind of loop every 2 secs. Until its successful(that is the task been finished) then event finishes.
    As for faction, I set them all to enemies. As for event setting, nothing is checked. Everything is unchecked.
    Post edited by henkesky1 on
  • Hm, set up a looping event that keeps spawning combatants and they all attacked me.
    What battle system are you using and what's the overall setup of that battle?
  • @gamingislove it seems i mistakenly entered a number at the combatants ability settings time bar use. Its solved.

But i have another problem that just won't go away. After upgrading to unity 2017.1.2 my enemy combatants are now spawned in a wrong position. In the previous version of unity i used it was working fine, till after my upgrade. When the combatants are spawned, it appears in the correct position for like 0.5secs then vanishes to a new position. I have baked my navigation several times, checked my combatant spawn off set, looked at the nav mesh agent still. Honestly am confuse. Please any advice will be appreciated
  • Whas the upgrade from Unity 5.6 to 2017?
    Another thing to check would be your combatant's colliders and rigidbodies.
  • @gamingislove I used a capsule collider with only nav mesh agent and damage zone components as the combatant gameobject, but is still the same problem.
    Yes I upgraded from 5.6 to 2017.0 then to 2017.1.2
    The game objects just appear in there correct position for like 0.5secs then disappear immediately to another position.
  • Hm, this could have a lot of sources (ORK and non-ORK). Have you tried setting up a new scene?
  • @gamingislove No i haven't, i have cross checked my scene severally. The combatant spawner area works fine in the same scene, but the spawn combatant node keeps giving me a lot of trouble. It might be a bug. Would it be convenient for you to test combatant spawner node in unity 2017.1.2 ? that's the unity version am currently using.
  • Can you send me a small Unity test project with your setup where this happens?
  • edited May 2018
    @gamingislove I would have loved to, but the file is quite large, I can't get a small test project. After disabling something's in my scene, I discovered it was a combatant spawned by another event interaction(auto) that seems to be responsible for this. When I disable that particular combatant in the scene, the subsequent combatants spawned by the other event interaction, are spawned at the right positions. You might wonder why I have more than one event interaction spawning combatant. One is for regular enemies while the other is for spawning a treasure chest and mimic treasure chest(actually a combatant that looks like a chest). Its really surprising, am suspecting it could be unity bug. I have done virtually everything. I have also replaced the mimic treasure chest that seems to be causing the problem with another combatant in the combatant spawner of the event, but is still the same result.
    Post edited by henkesky1 on