Hi there, going through the whole game tutorial atm, but I was wondering about something.

Is there a built-in way to use a front and back row (and maybe even a middle row) in combat?

If it's not, how would you do it? I imagine using a battle start event to set it up, and somehow using an event for changing positions in the menu.

Some RPGs have used this system in the past, so the back row takes less damage, but also does less damage unless it's some kind of ranged attack.
  • There's no built-in row system, but you can probably mimic it through the battle spots and using status effects (which can be hidden from the player) to manage damage changes (e.g. through attack attributes changes).
    Changing rows could be done through abilities, which move the battle spot (Waypoint actor in events) to the front/back.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!