• So with Death Immediately, I noticed when one of my characters died, they switched to their idle animation about half way through death animation. Any idea why? Removing Death Immediately seems to work, though there is of course a small delay before the character dies.
    Olive Branches ~ in development ~ now with a WEBSITE!!!
  • I FINALLY figured out a way to make my enemies fade out without displaying funky. I found this script which I can add to the enemies, which changes the ZWrite so it displays like it should - just have to add the material of the object onto the component. I have no idea how it works, but at least the enemy fades away now.

using System.Collections;
    using System.Collections.Generic;
    using UnityEngine;

public class shade_r : MonoBehaviour {
    public Material mat;

// Use this for initialization
    void Start () {
    mat.SetFloat("_ZWrite", 1);
    }

// Update is called once per frame
    void Update () {

}
    }
  • So with Death Immediately, I noticed when one of my characters died, they switched to their idle animation about half way through death animation. Any idea why? Removing Death Immediately seems to work, though there is of course a small delay before the character dies.
    My first instinct is that your Death event is finishing before the animation has finished playing. If you're using Legacy animations, you can just check Wait on the Combatant Animation node. If you're using Mecanim, then Wait only works if you have entered the length of the animation in the Mecanim Settings. Otherwise, you need to use a Wait node after the Combatant Animation. If you add a UI --> Notification node at the end of your event (set the text to "Death Complete" or something), you can see exactly when the event is finishing. If it completes before the animation had finished, the character may go back into the Idle animation.

Also check your Animator graph (assuming Mecanim) to see if your death animation has any "Exit Time" transitions to Idle.

That's the low-hanging fruit. Let me know if it's not any of that!
  • Hey don't worry, GIL figured that one out for me yesterday ;)
  • Ok, cool. :-)
  • Oh wait, no he didn't. Sorry, I only glanced at your post and thought it was for the other issue lol. I will try out your advice when I get home xD
  • What seems to be happening is the "get hit" (Damage) reaction seems to occur after the death animation starts, and overtakes it. Then it transitions back to idle.
  • Hmm... In the "Die" animator state's "Settings" is Interruption Source still set to None?
  • Also, how are you starting the Damage and Die animations? By default, the Damage animation will automatically play if the Calculate step determines that damage was taken. Are you also playing it using a Combatant Animation step?
  • I am allowing ORK to play the animations automatically.
    And yes the interruption sources are set to None. :/
  • edited June 2018
    I was wondering if there is a way to change the icon for a menu item, either by replacing it or changing the opacity, when it's inactive. See my menu here uses icons prominently, but I have the Save option disabled by default. However, it's hard to notice it's inactive at a glance.
    Any ideas?
    Post edited by Natnie on
  • There's an option to Fade Button Children in the GUI Skin settings for the button. You can fade the color of the children or just the alpha value.
  • Awesome, that one's solved :)
    You rock!
  • edited June 2018
    Here's a new question!

This Icon option in the text editor... doesn't seem to work? When I select an icon or drag one into the box, nothing happens. Is there some kind of trick to it?

Else, what is the text code that will allow me to insert an arbitrary icon without having to use this, if there is one?
    Post edited by Natnie on
  • Resources Icon, as the name suggests, have to be stored in a Resources folder in your project. Those folders are used in Unity to get stuff into your built project that aren't referenced anywhere. Since ORK only stores the used icon as a text path, the icon would otherwise be gone when building your game :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!