• Awesome, thanks.
    Olive Branches ~ in development ~ now with a WEBSITE!!!
  • edited June 2018
    OK, welcome to my nightmare.

I opened my project this afternoon and went to play test, and now the controller is no longer moving my character. I have not changed anything, so I figured it was a glitch. In fact I did get a whole mess of errors stemming from ORK, so I reimported the ORK files. Still no good. And now I am not even getting errors so I have nothing to show.

Here's what is and isn't working:

- The player DOES face the direction I want it to go
    - The player is fixed on its initial position, unable to walk or run
    - The camera does not move (I have it set to smooth follow), though if I move the character via scene editor, the camera does move with the player. It just doesn't seem to have the smoothing, nor does it move when the player turns.
    - Other control buttons work, such as opening the menu, scrolling the menu, etc

What could be going on, man?? This is ridiculous!

Edit: OK looks like the character animation is also paused. How did this occur? I'll be investigating...
    Post edited by Natnie on
  • edited June 2018
    OK so it appears that the time scale of the game was 0, I made it 1 in the start game event and it's working again... but the question is how did it get like that? Is there a setting for it somewhere that I somehow changed?

Edit: OK, I found the TimeManager setting. Time Scale was set to 0. WTF. I definitely didn't set that.
    Post edited by Natnie on
  • Yeah, that's also a mystery to me how this happens. Never happened to me, but a lot of people had that issue over time ...
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • So bizarre! At least now if it happens again I know how to fix it right away.
  • edited June 2018
    So, I've discovered a weird issue with my Poison status effect. It takes off 20% of HP each turn, which at starting levels equates to 35hp for my female character.
    However, when her HP is at a low level, such as 50, taking the next 35hp hit KILLS HER. How is this happening? D:
    Post edited by Natnie on
  • Hm, there's probably also something else removing HP that causes it to drop to 0 ...
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited June 2018
    The question is, what? I've checked other status effects and all I can think is that is has something to do with Critical status, which is added when the HP gets below 20% (so that would explain why it only happens when the HP is low), but that effect doesn't change HP at all, it boosts escape & critical probability and changes the animation, but that's it :/
    The damage number when they die is the same it's supposed to be (ie 35) but the HP gauge drops to zero. :|
    Post edited by Natnie on
  • Try enabling ORK's in-game console output in Game > Console Settings. Enable Use Console and Unity Console Output to see it in the Unity console.
    The default console setup should give you an overview of what's happening, e.g. what's reducing how much HP, etc.
  • Thanks, I'll do that.
  • edited June 2018
    Ok here we go. It's counting the addition of Critical status as a second turn, and so it triggers 35 damage twice at the same time.

Post edited by Natnie on
  • I can't seem to find anything in the status effects that will stop this from happening?
  • edited June 2018
    Hmm, additionally, if my characters flee from the battle, as they flee they still take poison damage, and if that kills them, the game over event doesn't occur. It would be good if the poison did not activate while escaping.

I seemed to have fixed this one by removing the status at the start of the Battle End Event. However I still have the Critical status issue.
    Post edited by Natnie on
  • What does the critical effect do?
    Adding a status effect isn't triggering another damage calculation of other effects - unless the critical effect is applying status effects as well ...
  • As I said a few posts ago, it is auto-applied at below 20% HP, and boosts escape chance and critical hit chance. It also changes the idle animation so the character is hunched over.