• Hm, will do some tests with a similar setup ...
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thanks <3
    Olive Branches ~ in development ~ now with a WEBSITE!!!
  • Well ... doesn't happen here.
    Turn based battle, poison effect reducing HP, critical effect auto applied upon HP<20% - all working fine without double damage.

I guess I'll need a small Unity test project where that happens :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Darn. Ok well I'll do that soon. In the meantime is there any way you can think of that I might have set either one of the effects wrong that might have caused it? Or something related to ATB settings maybe?
  • Hm, no, not really.
  • edited June 2018
    Alright I'm uploading a test project. You'll need to import ORK as I didn't include it, just the project file.
    Might be a while though since my internet has the WORST upload speed!

There is a single scene included with a battle in it with spiders that cause poison some of the time when they bite. I just tested it out and the behaviour still happens.
    Post edited by Natnie on
  • Argh, returned to my computer to find the upload had failed. Are you cool with extracting a 7zip file split into 6 parts?
  • I'm now trying WeTransfer. If it works, it will be sent to your contact@orkframework.com email.
    I have one somewhat strange issue with my menu happening in builds of my game.
    So I did a test build and when accessing my menu, the item menu screen with the item listing takes a very long time to open for the first time. I'm talking like, a whole minute. After the first load, it opens fine, but it chokes up the first time. I am quite concerned about that.
    Additionally, my game hangs for about 2 minutes prior to loading the first scene. That is, after displaying the Unity splash, it goes blank for some time and isn't responsive. I take it to be loading some stuff, but I'm not sure what it's doing. The main menu scene is very small, so I guess it must be loading a bunch of ORK stuff too. It's fine if I can get a loading screen of some kind there, so the player knows they have to wait, but since ORK isn't loaded yet, the ORK load HUD I set up isn't activating yet. Is a load screen there possible?
  • Further playtests have shown that it's not just the menu. I had the game hang at the first lot of battle gains in a game where I had not yet accessed the item menu. So it seems like it has to load something, that happens at certain points. Can I load whatever it is at the game start instead maybe?
  • I noticed a similar lag in my game during combat when it first loads a complex magic particle effect. The first encounter that the particle effect is used in has a noticeable lag which is actually disk access time (as I can hear the HD spin up.) Subsequent battles don't have the lag.

I'm wondering if using Asset Bundles would solve this but I haven't looked too far into that whole Resource folder/Asset Bundle thing yet.
  • I screen recorded my gameplay and timecoded the hanging. This time it happened when my character did a critical attack. Turns out it remained on this frame for 39 seconds. The music and sounds continued to play while the game was hanging.

I also recorded the delay between the splash screen and main menu. I did implement a loading bar and little animated wheel, so at least the player knows it's not crashing. But it does take 2 full minutes.
  • Also, @gamingislove - have you had a look at my project & the poison issue? TY
  • I just tested out a build with the ORK asset preloaded. It caused a delay prior to the configuration box, which replaced the long load time after the splash, but this seems worse because after trying to launch the game, nothing happens for a while, and the hanging issue in-game is still happening. So that's something to scratch off the list.
  • .....bump?