edited April 2014 in ORK Support
Hello All,

So...I have been trying to get my Mecanim Animations to play when connected to Ork framework but I am having the hardest time understanding how to do it correctly.

If anyone could maybe do a quick :) Step by step method for a connection would be soooo great!

In advance ...THANK YOU!!!!! :) A hundred times over!

• to add I am using the State Name plus I have my animations in Mecanim but it will not recognize it/them. I will continue to work this out but in the meantime.... :) any Protips :)

• edited April 2014
    Make sure the state name matches the one in your animator controller (case sensitive) and the correct layer is set.
    If you're using parameters to play the animations, you also need to make sure that they match.

And don't forget to set your combatant's animation system type to mecanim :)
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Nice! Okay so that was it:
    I didn't check the combatant's animation
    Also make sure the Layer is 0.

I do have a question going forward, I just tried to set some animation on different layers but it did read them under layer 1 or 2 and so on so I set all needed animations on the Base Layer ( 0 ) .

I am sure I will have another question later :)
    Animations are now working with mecanim just like if were the Legacy.
    I have them calling them directly. my attack is not working so I think I may need parameters set up.

What is happening is when I am close to a enemy the niamtion play but when the player needs to move farther theres no animation player for attack.

Not sure how to use Start - Stop Parameters really. Any pro tips on that portion? :)

Thanks Gil!

• edited April 2014
    With mecanim animations, the layer represents the layer of the animation in the animator controller. This doesn't work like the legacy layers where you can simply change the layer, so they need to match the layer in the controller (where the animation state is defined).

The attack not working could be from misspelling or general wrong settings (e.g. layer) in ORK, or a missing transition in the animator controller, or other reasons - mecanim is tricky :D

Start/stop parameters are pretty straight forward. The animation controller's transitions can be bound to parameters (set up in the controller), ORK can play animations by setting the parameters in the controller when it tries to play them.
    E.g. a bool parameter named Attack can trigger an attack animation when it's set to true and you have a transition that requires that parameter.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited May 2014
    Hello,

Just updating this thread. So I want to say that yes Mecanim is tricky and I have been learning so much using ORK. Been trying to work out some things.

Regarding the Animation, Yep, it seemed I needed to Assign some parameters.
    (Using Bool's)
    But the funny thing I also used the Event System to change a Parameter to false.

What I ended up doing was creating a "attackEnd.asset" file and added it to the
    Status - Abilities - Animation Settings
    After Attack Event added a New Animaion event "attackEnd.asset"

IN this event I just needed to change a bool from True to False so that Mecanim would work.

Not sure if this is right or wrong but it works so far.

I thought I was so clever :)

Thanks GIL :D
    Post edited by gameintern on

• Hello,

I am getting a Yellow Warning Error " Animator has not been initialized " ?
    I know his may be Mecanim. But it only happens when I use a Event to Change a parameter ?
    Happens Right after the Player Returns his position and all enemies had a Attack.

I was so close!!

Any tips / help on this would be great :)

• That's more of a Untiy problem, check this thread, maybe it helps :)