Well, I've come to a point where I want to create a cutscene that plays at the beginning of my game.
The easiest way to create a good cutscene in Unity is to use the new Timeline/Playable system. In fact I have already blocked out a sequence.

I just have to figure out how to get it to play nice with ORK. Right now, the Cinemachine camera is having difficulties. When I use the ORK game starter, the camera position is all messed up, presumably due to the camera controller.

I'm going to attempt to use an ORK event to set the camera position back to the initial position in the scene and see if that works.

I would love to see some kind of compatibility for ORK and timeline, though I understand that could take a bit of work.

Anyway, I'll return once I've investigated.
Olive Branches ~ in development ~ now with a WEBSITE!!!
  • Hmm, curious. The camera works for two of the virtual camera shots, but goes to my character position for the two shots in the middle of the sequence. The two shots that don't work are below the character, so could it be maybe a camera collision thing?
    Any ideas? I will upload videos of the issue...
  • Ah, I was right. I disabled the camera collision. And voila! Everything is now solved. I didn't have to change the camera position at all. Phew.
  • Now, while this particular problem is solved, I'm still not sure how to start a timeline via ORK events. I feel like it could be done by enabling the playable director component on the timeline object, but I tried doing it and it didn't seem to work. I think I must be doing something wrong.