Hi GiL,

I have a batttle with 8 members in group against one boss. Whenever they attack, I'll get this error message:

IndexOutOfRangeException: Array index is out of range.
ORKFramework.AttributeValues.GetValue (Int32 index)
ORKFramework.StatusValueAttributeChange.GetChange (System.Single& change, ORKFramework.Combatant user, ORKFramework.Combatant target)
ORKFramework.ValueChange.GetModifiedChange (Single change, ORKFramework.Combatant user, ORKFramework.Combatant target, Single damageFactor, Single damageMultiplier)
ORKFramework.ValueChange.GetChange (ORKFramework.Combatant user, ORKFramework.Combatant target, Single damageFactor, Single damageMultiplier, ORKFramework.VariableHandler localVariables, ORKFramework.SelectedDataHandler selectedData)
ORKFramework.ValueChange.ChangeValue (ORKFramework.Combatant user, ORKFramework.Combatant target, Single damageFactor, Single damageMultiplier, ORKFramework.ActionResults results, Boolean isCritical, ORKFramework.DamageType damageType, ORKFramework.VariableHandler localVariables, ORKFramework.SelectedDataHandler selectedData)
ORKFramework.StatusChange.Use (ORKFramework.Combatant user, ORKFramework.Combatant target, Single damageFactor, Single damageMultiplier, ORKFramework.ActionResults results, Boolean isCritical, ORKFramework.DamageType damageType, ORKFramework.VariableHandler localVariables, ORKFramework.SelectedDataHandler selectedData)
ORKFramework.ActiveAbility.Use (ORKFramework.Combatant user, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 target, ORKFramework.Ability ability, Boolean animate, ORKFramework.BaseAction action, AbilityActionType actionType, Boolean doCounter, Boolean doUseCosts, Single damageFactor, Single damageMultiplier, ORKFramework.VariableHandler localVariables, ORKFramework.SelectedDataHandler selectedData)
ORKFramework.Ability.Use (ORKFramework.Combatant user, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 target, Boolean animate, ORKFramework.BaseAction action, AbilityActionType actionType, Boolean doCounter, Boolean doUseCosts, Int32 lvl, Single damageFactor, Single damageMultiplier, ORKFramework.VariableHandler localVariables, ORKFramework.SelectedDataHandler selectedData)
ORKFramework.AbilityAction.Calculate (System.Collections.Generic.List`1 ts, Single damageFactor, Boolean animate)
ORKFramework.Events.Steps.CalculateStep.Execute (ORKFramework.Events.BaseEvent baseEvent)
ORKFramework.Events.BattleEvent.ExecuteNextStep ()
ORKFramework.Events.BaseEvent.StepFinished (Int32 next)
ORKFramework.Events.BaseEvent.Tick (Single delta)
ORKFramework.BaseAction.Tick ()
ORKFramework.BattleActionHandler.Tick ()
ORKFramework.Battle.Tick ()
ORKFramework.ORKCore.FireTick ()
ORKFramework.ORKHandler.Update ()

• edited June 2018
    I can choose from battle menu, but nothing happens, combatants get stuck and the boss attacks by himself.

I get this error no matter what my party size is, or whom they are attacking. This level was added in ORK 2.16.0, and it works fine when I create new game in 2.16.

But the error pops to anyone that played our game before the new update with player prefs earlier than 2.16.

Basicaly, this means, that every player is forced to new game, losing all his previous progress, so our donators will be happy.
    Post edited by Machal on
  • There was a bug in an earlier ORK version that's already fixed. The game should only need to be updated to the newer version to solve the issue.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited June 2018
    Well, we have 2.16, that's latest version and because of that update we have this issue. So there is no way to solve it, unless rollback to 2.15.x or start new game in 2.16 and lose all progress.
    Post edited by Machal on
  • Sorry, I misread the error message to be from a fixed bug.

What's causing the error is a damage calculation accessing an attack or defence attribute that isn't in the loaded game's stats. Did you do any changes to this in your game's setup?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited June 2018
    Nothing unusual. Added new units in our patch. And changed the battle party from 4 to 8 combatants in that battle. There is a new enemy combatant and he has new race, which is (defence attribute).

However, this shouldn't be causing a new game issues, it's a content update.
    Post edited by Machal on
  • The new race is the issue - this adds a new sub-attribute to a defence attribute, which the combatants from the loaded game don't have a value for. I'll add safeguards in the next update to fix this.
  • Wow, thanks for checking this. Yes, there should be a prevention to this. But I'm not sure. I was adding other races year ago within ORK and never encoutered this issue.