Hey, I was following the tutorial for grid battles and ran into an issue: after my player selects a cell to move to, he sits there and waits for the command that actually consumes AP. Since he hasn't moved yet, the enemies are still out of range and he can't attack. So the only choice is to end turn or defend, and then he'll move to the cell and essentially pass his turn.

How can I make it so move commands are executed as soon as the cell is chosen, then the turn continues with choosing abilities/items?

Sorry if I missed this in the tutorial or another thread - I swear I looked!
  • Change your turn based battle's mode to Active (or Multi Turns). In Classic mode, the selected actions are performed after all combatants selected their actions.
    You can find the Turn Based Mode setting in Battle System > Turn Based Battles.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • That appears to have fixed it - can't believe the solution was this simple. Before implementing the grid battles, I thought the active battle didn't really perform how I wanted it to - I thought enemies and the player would be moving around at the same time and out of order.

Thanks so much for the help.
  • Active battles only perform the actions right away, but everything will still be in order. If you want things to go crazy, you need to enable using dynamic combat :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!