Just wondered if anyone knows of any integration package for the InventoryPro asset? Before I buy it thought I'd ask.
I imagine it wouldn't really be doable via Ork event system? But I can't say for sure as I don't own InventoryPro. Does anyone have experience with said asset and Ork?

I would try to create a script between the two, but looking at the ORK API, it feels a bit overwhelming.

Thanks
  • I don't know of any integration between them, but it should be doable with custom scripts. I can't see any way to do this via the event system, though :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • @gamingislove Thanks for the response. Yeah, I thought it might be the way to go. I guess I will try and delve into the ORK API. :p
  • @n00bster - what are you trying to achieve with an integration between ORK and Inventory Pro?
  • @Kedryn Not sure yet as I still haven't bought the asset. Just a different style of Inventory, I suppose.
  • So is it mostly for the UI then?

If that's the case, then you may be better off building a custom UI and hooking it up to ORK's inventory system. You could build it from scratch, or you could take some UI scripts that already handle grid-based inventory displays and adapt those to work with ORK.

Inventory Pro is a large and fairly complex asset, and having a lot of experience with both ORK and Inv Pro, I see them as more or less mutually exclusive. There's a great deal of overlap between the two assets (inventory, equipment, stats, interaction triggers, notifications, UI panel management, etc) and they use very different approaches in all of these areas. So if it's primarily the grid-based UI that you're looking for, you'll probably have an easier time adapting something that is just focused on a grid-based inventory UI and doesn't have its own item database, trigger system, etc. :-)
  • @Keldryn After trying a demo of the asset, I decided against going down the invenPro path. Whilst it seemed nice and all, it's not really what I wanted. Also, after reading what you just said, it sounds like it'd likely add a large chunk of development time, having the two work together.

I guess I'll put together my own small system for now. I really don't need a system quite so complex (trying to keep things as user friendly as possible), at this moment.

Thanks for the input.