Hi everyone,

I'm trying to implement mechanic where the player battle group can only use one item per turn. If one player combatant uses an item, the other player combatants shouldn't be able to use any items until the following turn.

I tried doing this in Inventory > Items > Reuse Settings but this only seems to affect the individual combatant who used the item - it is not party-wide.

Is this concept possible in ORK?
  • Yes, reuse only affects the individual combatants.

Hm, I think the best solution would be to use an item blocking status effect on all group members. E.g. add a battle event at the end of each item that applies the effect.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thank you GiL, that seems like a good way to get it done. Unfortunately, I can't get it to work - I'm not seeing a way to add a battle event at the end of an item.

The only way I see to add events to items is through their animations settings. When I attempt it this way, the status effect is added correctly, but the item isn't used because items are now blocked. How can I add this status AFTER the item has been used instead of before?
  • Use a Calculate node before the battle event adding the effect.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!