I would like to understand more about how turn order is used in turn based battles. From the tutorial example it seems like a number is calculated and assigned. Then everyone goes in order according to this calculated value. Does this turn order value just reset to 0 after everyone has gone so it can recalculate everything? Also is there a way to display this variable on screen somewhere?

My ultimate here is to craft an initiative system that works more like a round tracker. If you preform X action you shuffle down the road three spaces. If you preform Y you wait four spaces.

Any ideas and insights would be greatly appreciated!
  • edited August 2018
    In regular turn based battles (i.e. not Multi Turn), the turn order for every combatant is calculated at the start of the turn. In Multi Turn, the turn order of the combatant that performed their turn is reset to 0, and every combatant's turn order is increased by the calculation.

Since turn order calculation uses a formula, you can e.g. use a status value for your initiative system.

While there is no way to show the actual turn order value, you can use the %to text code in combatant HUDs to show the turn order counter (i.e. how many combatants are in order before a combatant's turn starts).
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Perfect! That is what I needed. Thank you!