Is it possible to alter stats with combined values outside of their dependant formulas? My assumption before getting into this was that abilities would provide a built in solution, but it seems that ability bonuses are only pinged once, upon learning said ability. This makes them too fragile in my opinion, since they neither update nor force their alterations to persist. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
  • A combined status value still has its own value, including bonuses. You just need to use the status value itself in it's combined value formula, e.g. adding it at the start of the formula.

Ability bonuses are added as long as the ability is available to the combatant, e.g. as long as it's learned and not forgotten, or as long as it's provided through an equipment.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • "A combined status value still has its own value, including bonuses. You just need to use the status value itself in it's combined value formula, e.g. adding it at the start of the formula."

-Well I'll be dipped. Never would have considered referencing a status value at the start of its own formula (infinite loop) but it works! Goodbye hidden extraneous value bonus stats, hello possibilities.

"Ability bonuses are added as long as the ability is available to the combatant, e.g. as long as it's learned and not forgotten, or as long as it's provided through an equipment."

-Right, this was my assumption made while altering the bonus values to abilities already applied during testing. Forgot that each combatant carries their own version of an ability. Is it possible to change the value bonuses to abilities that are already applied without removing and reapplying them?
  • You can't change an ability's bonuses in-game, so that's not really an issue ...
    Changing the ability's settings and loading a save game will use the new bonuses from the settings.

Ability bonuses are applied whenever a combatant's stats changed and trigger a recalculation, e.g. by equipping an equipment or learning a new ability. There's also the Reset Combatant Status node in the event system to do this manually, e.g. if you're using ability variables (or something else) in some stat calculation you should use this node after changing the variables.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!