edited August 2018 in ORK Support
GIL

Can you think of anything that would prevent the player from spawning in a scene? I was working in a scene (just adding some decorations) and loading into the scene just fine. Added some more props, now the player will not spawn into the scene. Scene loads fine. It's the weirdest thing.

EDIT: I tested a few other scenes and they load/spawn just fine. It's something within this scene that is causing the player to not spawn all of a sudden
Post edited by keyboardcowboy on
  • Hm, how is the player spawned in the scene - e.g. is this when playtesting with a game starter in that scene or coming from another scene through a scene changer?

First thing that comes to mind would be missing a spawn point with the spawn ID you try to spawn at, but I'm sure that you already checked that :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited August 2018
    Yep, I have a spawn point.

As I said, I've been working on this scene for a little while now (successfully spawning into the scene). The scene change is done through an event.
    Gameplay - I have a dialog asking if the player wants to enter the dungeon. I, also, have a dialog I use to travel quickly to my various maps for testing/dev work.

It stopped working after adding various props into the scene using GeNa. None of the props have events or scripts attached - hence the head scratching. And, that's the reason for the post. Thought you might have some ideas where to look.

I have another scene that is affected as well. The rest of the scenes work just fine.

EDIT: Does ORK have any log files that are generated? I'm not getting any error messages in the console.

EDIT2: To rule out the event, I created a scene changer in my starting scene. Walked into the changer, same issue. Scene loads, player does not spawn.

EDIT3: I think my scene is corrupt. here is what the scene looks like running in the editor no spawn/images/help/nospawn.PNG

as you can see I stripped it down to the bare bones (made a backup of the scene :)). Player still does not spawn.

Post edited by keyboardcowboy on
  • Very strange ... could you send me a small Unity test project where this happens?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I rebuilt the scene and everything works fine now. I think the old scene got corrupted somehow.