edited August 2018 in ORK Support
Gil, in either ork or Makinom, is there a way to close the choice dialogue without picking a choice? That also includes picking the cancel choice selection.
I see that even when in the same game event, the close dialogue node doesn't work.

I'm trying to to something similar to the interaction event hud but in first person mode. The advice you gave me about stretching the interaction controller long and thin works well in my case. I'm just wondering if I can also do it this way as well. For example, in the auto repeat/update game event/schematic, I have a raycast that will shoot out to the mouse position and be successful upon hitting a certain game object.

Raycast(success) --> show choice dialogue (but only one choice will appears, that says "Interact"
Raycast(fail, when the character look away from the object, use the close dialogues node).
Seems it doesn't work :)
Post edited by Shadow_Fire on
  • No, choice dialogues require user input.
    While you can add an option to cancel the dialogue, this still requires the user to actively use the cancel key.

I guess it'd be better to write a custom script for this to replace the trigger based interaction controller. Or you could sponsor that feature :D
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Ahh I see!
    As of now, that is a pretty low priority for me, so I'm not in a rush for it. I'll be sure to send you a message about the feature whenever I am in badly need of it. :)