I was trying to make a battle event that waits until a status effect is applied to the target without forcing a certain wait time. I wasn't able to get the result I wanted.
I know the wait for input node can wait for a set time or until an input is pressed.
Any chance you could make a wait for status effect node?
  • There's no wait time for applying status effects.
    If you want to wait for the duration until an effect wears off, you could make a node-loop with a Check Status node and a Wait node (e.g. waiting for 0 or 0.1 seconds - a 0 second wait will wait for a single frame).

The Check Status node checks if the effect is applied - Success connects to the Wait node, which connects back to the Check Status node.
    The Failed slot connects to whatever you want to do after waiting :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited September 2018
    The node-loop idea works. :)

I'm trying to get an ai to do something with a check angle node in a battle event. Check angle setup:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/dz7duwy2ioikibt/Screenshot 2018-09-09 20.41.00.png?dl=0
    I've gotten these angle values to work, AI is always looking at player. 0 - 180 if player is facing toward ai. -180 - 0 if player is facing away from ai.
    What angles would you recommend if the player is facing right or left?
    Post edited by FreedTerror on
  • What's the goal the AI should achieve with the checks? E.g. if it's to check if something is left or right of the combatant, you can use a Check Orientation node instead.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited September 2018
    The goal is to make the AI use a certain ability with the check angle node checks. I didn't get the check orientation node to work for me.
    Post edited by FreedTerror on