edited September 2018 in ORK Support
Hey?
What's the best way to move player's group to a different position within the same scene? (For example you click on a ladder, and player gets teleported to the roof of the building).

I tried to use Change position, but I ran into two issues.
1) I could not quite figure out if there is selected data configuration that can select all spawned player group members.
2) Is change position meant to work with Nav mesh player? (I figure I could duplicate change position node to change it to nav mesh teleport command if I can select the spawned player group members. )

I also saw the Teleport mechanic, but I think it's more for changing scenes right?
Post edited by hellwalker on
  • I think I figured out the selection part

• You could just move the player and use a Spawn Group Members node to respawn the members around the player.

AFAIK the agent should adept to the new position of the player, as long as there's a NavMesh where he's placed.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited September 2018
    @gamingislove
    But moving the player itself is a bit of a problem, because navmesh agent ignores position changes. You have to use NavMeshAgents Warp() to move, otherwise after being moved navmehs agent brings it back to original place.

I ended up copying the Change Position node and hacking it to use NavMesh Warp instead of position change. It would be good to have that option in Change Position though. Like a bool check box that if you select it, Change Position uses Warp instead of position change.

Spawn is a good trick thanks, that will help me with problem of each character teleporting into same spot.
    Post edited by hellwalker on
  • I'll look into it, but will probably be more of a new NavMesh Warp node instead of adding this to change position.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Cool, if you make a separate node, I would suggest a feature like optional radius offset. So every character will be warped to a random position in the radius of provided position.