ORK Framework 2.18.0 is here: release notes

Please note that ORK's update policy changes with this update. You can read more about this and how to get access to further updates here.

This update adds some love to the battle system, especially active time battles. There are now general cast times, allowing you to also cast using other actions like items or defending. There have been changes how cast times work in active time battles (without dynamic combat) - while casting previously blocked other actions from being used/casted, casting an action now works more like filling the timebar, i.e. casting will no longer block other actions from performing, bringing some actual use to them :)
Also, there's a brand new HUD type for the active time battle system - the Timebar HUD allows you to add a Grandia-style UI (or Child of Light for a more recent example), where individual combatant HUDs move along a timebar to display the state of every combatant's timebar. Optionally also includes cast time :)
Another small but helpful addition is optionally remembering the state of some built-in cameras between scenes. This is available for camera controls that actually allow the player to change them, e.g. the Top Down Border camera.
Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Event System: Nav Mesh Warp
    Thanks!
  • I cannot download this version (or any version) from the asset store. Asset Store Support says there is a problem with the package. Hoping this will get resolved soon - we have a tight deadline we are trying to make today!! Any update on this issue would be greatly appreciated!
  • @bencinStudios
    I guess we've already solved that via email for now.

For others having this issue, please contact me (contact@orkframework.com) with your order/invoice number to get the update for now. Seems like it'll take some time until Unity finishes reviewing the latest update.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Hey, when I look at the Asset store it is saying that my version 2.17.1 is deprecated, and there is a $99.99 upgrade fee to install 2.18.0.

Is that right? I don't recall having to pay when other updates were released.
  • As stated in the first post, this update falls under ORK's new update policy.

If you've purchased within the last 12 months, you can send me an email with your invoice/order number to contact@orkframework.com to get access to updates.
  • Hoo boy. I never expected a Grandia type HUD in a million years. That's a really cool addition; only true JRPG heads could appreciate that!
  • Same hahh. I'm always amazed at GiL and his skills, even to this day. Can't wait for what he has in store for us in the future.
  • I just thought it's about time to add this - with the Grandia HD remasters coming soon :)