Gil, in your update policy changes, you said
However, getting updates through Patreon still requires you to have a valid license, even if the purchase has been over a year ago.
The problem is that I checked my email messages, and I bought your asset in 2012, directly via paypal when you sent me an invoice, so I don't think I have an ork asset store valid license. I am planning on buying it again in the asset store soon anyway, hopefully at the beginning of next year, but for now if I just want to upgrade one version manually through patreon, what should I do?
If there's nothing to be done, I don't really care, I'll just cough up the money again to buy a new version in the asset store :D

Edit: Oh yeah, almost forgot, have you gotten the time to go through my email yet? :)
I am planning on buying something personal for me, so I am about to shuffle money around, and just want to know how much more I'll have to save.
No rush if you haven't.
Post edited by Shadow_Fire on
  • It doesn't matter where you bought it, you just need to have bought it - i.e. only paying $25 once to get ORK isn't a valid license :)

Yeah, sorry about the email, will get back to you shortly on that.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited October 2018
    Ohh I get it now. Thanks for clearing it up!

About the email, okay! :)
    Also, does ork work well with oculus/hive?
  • No idea, as I've never tested it :)
    Generally it shouldn't be an issue, but you'll need your own player/camera controls. UI/HUDs might be an issue if they require some special setup for VR devices ...
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited October 2018
    Thanks for the info, GiL :)
  • edited October 2018
    Gil, my object's emission color is HDR, but in game when I change the color via makinom using the change material color, with property name of _EmissionColor, the hdr is gone. Is it possible to add it back?

Also, I don't remember if I ask this before, but GiL, can you shine a light on the difference between navmesh set path and navmesh destination node? I tested and they both do the same. Looking online doesn't yield any clear results either.
  • Hm, I'll look into the HDR thing ...

As for the NavMesh question - yeah ... they both pretty much do the same thing. Just one uses the agent's set destination function and one uses the set path function :)
  • edited October 2018
    Thanks for looking into the HDR!
    Also, I found that if the target is somewhere upstair when the set destination is use, in my case, the gameObject with the agent will just stutter staying in the same place. Set Path seems to work. Just for future reference in case someone comes upon the same thing.
  • edited October 2018
    GiL, a question about navmesh again :) This has been bothering me for a while. Right now when I set a destination using the set path/destination node to somewhere at the back of my enemy character, it will just automatically play its walking animation while rotating and moving at the same time. Is there a way to make it so that it will play its turning animation first before it begins playing the walk animation and move? I'm also using animator to play the animations.
  • HDR will be available in the next update (ORK and Makinom) - all color fields will support the HDR color picker for this :)

I think it plays the walking animation due to the combatant moving in a curve at a slow pace (which NavMesh tends to do) instead of turning on the spot, having auto animations kick in. You could probably first turn the combatant to the destination position/object, e.g. using a Rotate To node.
  • Whoa, thanks for the fast implementation! Many thanks for adding the HDR support.
    And also, thanks for the suggestion too. It gave me some good ideas :)