edited November 7 in ORK Scripting
What's a good way to manipulate Selected Data with C# scripts?
I'm having a hard time figuring out the exact syntax.
Let's assume we're working with the Weapon Upgrade NPC tutorial.
If I select my right hand weapon and assign it the key "weapon"
and then call a function in a later step, how can that function find that weapon instance?
Please provide a syntax example.
Post edited by Klep on
  • In particular I can't seem to access the member functions for the SelectedDataHandler.
    I can get the member functions of the SelectedDataHelper, but they give me entire lists when I'm looking for the single instance.
  • That's because a selected data key can contain multiple different things, so the SelectedDataHelper only has functions to get lists of things.

You can simply access whatever is stored in a key like this:
    object data = dataHandler.Get("key");
    dataHandler is a SelectedDataHandler instance.

Since data could be anything, you'd have to check what it is, or directly do it like this:
    EquipShortcut equip = dataHandler.Get("key") as EquipShortcut
    equip would be null if it isn't an instance of EquipShortcut.

Otherwise, use the helper class, e.g.:
    List<EquipShortcut> equipment = SelectedDataHelper.GetEquipment(dataHandler.Get("key"));
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Nice.
    That's all I needed.
    Thanks as always GiL. Your timely help is eternally appreciated.
  • One more issue though.
    If I've just used the "Select Equipment" step, where is that SelectedDataHandler instance?
    How do I hook into it?
  • edited November 10
    Well, that's a bit tricky, since the selected data is only available/alive in the running event ...
    It'd be probably the easiest solution to write a custom node that just forwards the selected data to whatever script you need it in :)
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!