So I assume I am doing something wrong here..
Basically I cant get the camera to work properly when using a separate battle scene. I am having 2 separate (but possibly related?) issues currently.
1) When starting the battle, my new scene loads, my combatants spawn, and i have a node that is supposed to move the camera to a specific Camera Position (saved in ORK editor). The camera is not being moved during this event execution.
2) When the battle is complete and I return to the main field scene the player character stays in 'battle mode' and is still using the battle idle animation. I can move the character around but it doesnt animate as it is stuck in this battle animation.
I have tried a number of different things.
1) I tried using 1 application wide main camera and setting it to dont destroy on load
- this didnt work as expected as there was a new camera spawned when the battle is over and the field scene is reloaded.
- This mode did perform the correct camera movements, however.
2) I tried using a camera in each scene with no flag to avoid destroying on load. This is where the camera fails to observe any of my camera controls.
3) I tried using a camera only int he field scene. Something seems to spawn a camera in my newly loaded battle scene, but it suffers from the same behaviour as trial 2.
In all cases, when leaving the battle the character stays stuck in the battle animation.
Obviously I have messed something up here but I cant seem to figure it out.