So in Status Values: I have a Strength, and Physical attack.

I wanted to make PhysAtk a combination of Strength and the bonus of an equipped weapon, while the strength remains the same. It's a bit of a way to make things more clear and easy to understand for the player.

I've set PhysAtk to be based on a formula. In the formula I can add Strength, but I don't think I can add the equipped weapon bonus. Is there a way to get this done?

Additionally the equipment menu doesn't show the correct values on hover. It just goes from 0 and adds the bonus, disregarding the result of the formula.

I want to use the same thing for other stats as well. So the base stats affect the actual results and I can show those results visually to a player, so they know exactly how much damage they can do and how much the crit chance is and stuff.
  • I found out about the possibility to set a status value as a combined value, but the equipment screen still shows the wrong value. It shows the value in red and it's just 0 + the bonus it gives.

I think it might be a bug?
  • edited December 2018
    A setup like this should work:
    - both are Normal type status values
    - PhysAtk uses the Combined Value options
    - the formula for the combined value adds Strength and PhysAtk
    - weapons give bonus to PhysAtk

If a combined value stat has bonuses or a regular status development, you need to use it in its formula to make use of its actual value.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Nope, it still shows up as 0+bonus in the comparison. When I equip the item it does actually show the correct value. The comparison just shows the bonus and doesn't do the combined value calculation.
  • Hm, yeah, seems like that's a bug - will be fixed in the next update :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Awesome, thank you!

Just a heads up. I also tried to do the same thing by using a formula in the status developments, but it yielded the same result. :) Probably part of the same problem, so possibly a 2-for-1 fix? ;)

Good luck!
  • Yes, that's coming from the same issue.