• edited August 2019
    Hi Wrofir,
    Impressive work so far. I sent you a PM with a question.
    Post edited by Corvyn on
  • https://drive.google.com/open?id=1XRqU9KIz2t7kHKoS-2QD7IlPzx0H9El1

Demo's pretty rough, but will be fixing up most of the glitches this week before moving on.
    Miuratale : coming 2024
    Miuratale
  • edited September 2019
    A few pictures from the level design stage. I hope to have a more robust demo done by November.
    The lighting is a work in progress. Just rushing to get all the levels designed this week :)

Post edited by Wrofir on
    Miuratale
  • edited September 2019

Spending a few weeks working on adding in all the weapons and abilities to make them function as well as getting enemies working.

Going to have to settle for a mid-point as I want to release the demo by November and could probably spend 2 months just working on these elements. Hopefully I can get the content looking presentable enough by then.

The shotgun is a unique weapon as you load it 1 bullet at a time. I gotta find a less annoying way to do that. It's also one of only a couple of weapon types based on distance. Shotguns double damage at close range, and snipers double damage at far range.

Tried adding ragdolls but it's not working that well and It comes across as a bit too goofy for the atmosphere.

Also thinking about changing the Death event. Because I have to wait for the combat event to end I may just work that into the combat ability to ensure there isn't a slight delay between taking the damage and dying. IE check to see if enemy has 0 HP after the caculate stage and if so play a death animation.
    The death event then will maybe just generate loot...
    Post edited by Wrofir on
    Miuratale
  • New menu screen in the works!

Miuratale
  • edited October 2019
    Getting started on the introduction to the upcoming demo!

Music is just for reference and will be replaced.
    G-Slam doesn't have a battle event, so it kinda just 'happens' atm.
    Not happy with the drones atm, they aren't really floating, they just have really long character controllers, which means you can't walk under them. Going to have to fix that somehow.

Post edited by Wrofir on
    Miuratale
  • Awesome! :D
    Be ready for a lot of people to call out on swearing. :D I'm still keeping it in my game thought, gotta have some swears.
  • Yeah, I tend to be more swear-y on my first draft and try to cut down on the editing/rewrites. At the end of the day its a story about criminals, so it's inevitable :D
    Miuratale
  • edited October 2019
    A trippy dream and a failed conversation in this test video!
    Plenty of little issues I gotta fix. The demo comes out in 3 weeks :D

Post edited by Wrofir on
    Miuratale
  • 40 Minute demonstration over on my facebook! :D

https://www.facebook.com/Wrongfire/videos/10156719767436149/
    Miuratale
  • edited November 2019
    Demo link!
    Edit : Updated version with several major fixes

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EG6_HFOg6lrrvDYFFqltp_OSnqeaACqS/view?usp=sharing

Post edited by Wrofir on
    Miuratale
  • Great project, the story looks promising.
    But it would be nice to have a basic controls tutorial at the beginning.
    Had to figure that out myself.
    Roof jumps are confusing (where should I click?), maybe it would be better to make heroine jump automatically, after coming close enough to the edge?
  • Thanks! yeah I'll have to work on the acrobatics a bit.
    Were you able to get past the rooftops into the next areas?
    Miuratale
  • I created a project management sheet that I think any large project will need to stay organized and keep on track.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1C19Q0ZNetQRAq3qv_D107hnObnE635WyPxszfhegQIo/edit?usp=sharing
    Miuratale