edited December 2018 in ORK Support
I am using tabs to display different item types in an inventory screen. The issue I am having is having the current selected tab show. I have the controls set to use an input key to switch the tab, but I can;t seem to get the correct ones to be selected.

Here is what I am getting when I run the game:

Which suggests that it is working, however when I use the input key to switch tabs, the highlight is not switching to the current selected tab, it always stays on that first tab. Second, it wont seem to highlight the entire button no matter what I do.

The Item Screen config is here:

The GUI Box Tab Config:

The Global Menu Config Tab settings:

The Prefab Settings:

edit: changed the image links
Post edited by mattehr on
  • Yeah ... the main issue here is the new UI, the highlighted state of the button is due to that button's game object being selected by the UI event system. Since that only allows one selected object, the selection is occupied by the items displayed for that tab, so the tab button's highlight doesn't really work when using the new UI.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Snap.. ok.
    Any recommendations here? Would like to have some visual feedback of which type is selected.
  • It's about time I find a solution for this, will be looking into it :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Happy to help :)