edited January 2019 in ORK Support
I made a game object NPC. I want it to start a repeatable battle by talking to them. I'm using a "battle in a different scene" system.

To do this I have an Event Interaction component on the NPC, with an event that uses a Start Battle node to call up a battle.
The NPC also has a Battle Component with the battle I want to start.

When the battle starts, the NPC's game object appears in the battle and I can't figure out how to stop this. There is no combatant attached to this NPC and it does nothing in the battle. When the battle ends and the scene changes back, the NPC's game object has been destroyed which I dont want.

I'd like for the NPC to not appear in the battle, and I don't want the NPC to be destroyed after the battle is over. The battle should be repeatable! Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? I have Auto Destroy unchecked on both components.
Post edited by TZen on
  • Set up the battle as a separate game object and add it as an actor the the event (Object type actor, Event Object disabled - this allows you to select the actor's game object in the event interaction component).

Also, make sure your battle has the start type None and isn't using a Scene ID.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!