Hi, I need help, how to create event to perform a throw like a lob parabolic?, like a solider throwing a bomb, or someone throw a stone. I tried many things but couldn't find a solution. I really hope ork event can make such thing. It will be easier to integrate with.

Thank you
  • Have you tried adding a force to a rigid body?

There are a few rigid body options available.
  • Beside using physics/rigidbody, you can also try using the Curve Move node.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • i tried to use rigidbody, it seems a bit complicated compare to Curve Move because I need to get the distant of target before user summons the projectile.

I tried Curve Move mode, but it doesn't work or perhaps I don't really understand how to use it, can anyone give a simple 3 - 4 nodes to explain how to use Curve Move node?

Mine was like this

Spawn Prefab - Curve Move - Change Position (with move to object target) - Destroy Prefab

Is it the right sequence?

Thanks a lot GIL Curve Move is the simple method that I want luckily ORK has it.
  • Either use Curve Move or Change Position, as both nodes are used to move the game object.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thanks, I can work it out. For a better framework, this flexible movement with the curve move node, it will be perfect functional if you could change the target node with a position function. Currently the node target must be defined manually with value. If you could change the node to formulated value / target position and stuff and make the curve line as a ratio, it will be a perfect node to move everything. Can make this happen?

This should be great, user can create a stream of fire or flying monsters spawn through event system.

Thank you GIL
  • I'll look into it.
  • The next update will add more options to the Curve Move node, e.g. a value setting to multiply the curves with.

E.g. first storing the distance between user and target allows you to use the distance in the Z-axis curve - a straight line from 0,0 to 1,1 would move the game object forward for that distance.
  • That will be the best function for the node. Thank you very much GIL you are the best.