Hi, first let me say, as primarily a designer who finds herself extremely bogged down in the implementation stages, ORK is like a godsend, so thanks for making something so spectacular!

Anywho, I've been trying to set up the grid battle system (following the tutorial), and I've come about a couple exceptions. The first was about cell types, it would happen as soon as I ran the game and was fixed by adding more cell types than just the default one. So I'm wondering, is there no graceful failing that happens within the framework? If just one cell type wasn't enough I was hoping for that to be handled in the code and displayed to me in a readable way. Otherwise it makes it very difficult to suss out what the real issue is. I don't want to have to bug the forums on a regular basis when I get more into the swing of things!

Second, for one I haven't solved yet:

This happens when trying to select player placement. Any ideas?
  • Hm, please check if there is a camera in your scene that is tagged as the main camera.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited January 2019
    Boy I never would have figured that out haha, thank you! Kinda weird, I thought that was a default of a new unity project. I haven't really done much with this one other than follow the ORK tutorial .-.

Edit: A couple other questions while you're here- is there a way to do say, a 2x2 character on the grid instead of a plus shape? And is there a way to click and drag to issue a move command, forgoing the menu choice altogether?
    Post edited by komaru on
  • Will add some safeguards to prevent errors when there is no main camera, but you'll need one in your scenes :)

Yes, you can have a 2x2 combatant by using a Mask shape type for the combatant's grid cell size. Use a range of 1 and selecti only the 2x2 cells you want :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!