edited November 2013 in ORK Support
I am using mouse click for player movement in my project. I am looking for advice on the best way to remove the curser after the player reaches the clicked location. I have tried making a few events to do this, but I need some help. I am not sure if this should be a global event, and I am not sure of the best way to build the event, it seems I could do it several ways. I have enabled the auto remove curser function in the base/control tab.
On a side note, I have been able to easily implement an event that makes interactable objects emit particles on a keypress ( make chests and doors and such "glow" while tab key is held down) and happy to share that if anyone wants it, maybe it could be done differently too.

Sorry I forgot to include what I have tried so far..
I made an event using the event object as the actor. On my curser prefab, I created a collision and set as trigger. Added a fade step for the event object for simple testing, added event to prefab and set to trigger enter. There is no repeat step for this type of event, but for testing its ok, but does not work. I changed the fade step to destroy prefab also, can't get that to work. The event will need to repeat, so trigger enter doesn't seem to be best. Destroy prefab may be able to work and I am just missing something.

Thanks
Post edited by Snakebane on
I'm old and mean...hiss~hiss~
Chris
  • Don't worry about using events for this - I'll implement an option to remove the cursor when reaching the location in the next update :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thanks for your continued hard work and help!
    I'm old and mean...hiss~hiss~
    Chris