I am trying to port PC games using ORK to NintendoSwitch.
I want to know the existence of a report that it worked even if it was not official support.
  • I haven't heard of any yet, but if you already have access to Unity for Switch and a devkit, you could test it out with the free test version.

Generally, I don't see a reason it shouldn't work, as ORK doesn't use any non-standard C# classes. If you do run into an issue, you can either try recompiling the gameplay DLL with the different Unity DLLs or contact me to figure it out :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited February 2019
    Thanks for the reply!

Currently I have already obtained Unity for Switch and devkit and I verified the behavior of my project file and it did not work well so i'm doing the operation verification with ORKTutorial only project.

At the present time, it is not possible to start the game at the time of incorporating the ORK system, and the cause is being clarified.

I would like to try my own verification a little more, but maybe I will ask you a question by technical matter.
    Post edited by ShinanoIshiguro on
  • I understand why the ORK game crashes on the Nintendo Switch.
    In my project I use ORK's default save system (Save to File), but Nintendo Switch does not support "Application.persistentDataPath".
    That is it can not create a directory.

According to the specification of Nintendo Switch, it is necessary to change to generate a save file in the directory where the game executable file is located, but is it possible to cope with ORK?
  • Good to know; we're planning to port RFI to Switch in early 2020, so I hope there's a solution.
    Tactics RPG Grid Battle System for ORK
    ---------------------------------------
    Personal Twitter: https://twitter.com/AMO_Crate
    I make RFI! https://twitter.com/NootboxGames
  • I'll look into it - probably adding either a setting or additional save game method to save in the game's folder instead. Alternatively, you can always use the Custom save method and write a custom save game solution.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thanks for the reply!
    I expect that implementation.

But Now I'd like to verify the operation using CustomSave, but I do not know how to write that script.

Can I not order this by paying you for me?
    If you can do it I would like to tell you the details of the situation by email.
  • Next update will add a new save game method to store to Application.dataPath.

In case you need a custom save script, contact me at contact@orkframework.com with the details.
  • Awesome, thanks Gil.
    Tactics RPG Grid Battle System for ORK
    ---------------------------------------
    Personal Twitter: https://twitter.com/AMO_Crate
    I make RFI! https://twitter.com/NootboxGames
  • thanks Gil! Thank you for your support!
  • Thanks too! I might not need it now, but it's always a good thing to have it for the future.
  • I sent an e-mail to you from the following e-mail address!
    If you do not arrive please contact me here.
    shonanoishiguro@gmail.com
  • Hi ShinanoIshiguro,

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I wanted to find out if you ever managed to launch your game on Nintendo Switch.

I am in the same situation as you and would love to hear if it can be done with this framework.

Thanks!
  • AFAIK it's coming for Nintendo Switch, but I'm not sure if it's out yet :)

Contact me at contact@orkframework.com to get a save game solution for Nintendo Switch.
  • Thanks gamingislove :)

I’ll be spending a bit of time porting my game over to the framework and I’ll be in touch when it’s further in development.

Cheers!