I'm not quite clear on when this is invoked.

In the Calculate step of a battle event there is a check box to 'animate target', but I assume that is only playing the animation, not calling on override events.

For example, I have an event defined as the Death Animation set in my battle settings. Now it seems as though this event is only invoked after the event that caused the death is completed. This means the dead target stands there for a second while the turn event finishes, before animating. Is there any way to have my 'Death Animation' invoked as part of the calculate step? That way it happens as soon as the target is killed?

Similarly, in a battle event, what is the relation between the 'Death Animation' node and the 'Death Animation' event configured in the battle settings?
  • edited February 2019
    Animate Target only handles stuff like damage and evade animations. The Death Animation setup with the battle events aren't used here - they're used by the combatant's actual death action, which is (depending on your system's setup) either executed immediately on death or after the current action finished. If you want combatants to die immediatly, enable Death Immediately in the battle system's settings (e.g. in Battle System > Turn Based Battles).

The Death Animation node will play the death animation on dead combatants, e.g. if you're starting the battle with dead player group members, use the node in the battle start event to animate them dying. This'll play the actual death animation you've defined in the animation settings, not the death action (using battle events).
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Awesome this is perfect, thanks!