Thanks for adding this to the 2.23 update! A few questions...

-Will this feature work automatically by checking the "Use Update Variables" box, or do I need to move my item variables to the new field?

-Will I need to duplicate the variables that I want to change, or have them all under the "Update Variable Changes" field.

-Does the variable order still matter?

-Will this feature use a considerable amount of memory? Is it better to use it as selectively as possible, or can I just go wild?
  • You need to set up the variable changes that should update automatically in the new update variable changes. These changes are also used when first creating the item/ability/equipment after the standard variable changes are used.

So, static values should go in the first variable changes, stuff that should update when some other variabler changed into the update variable changes.

The order of the settings still matter, as they'll be used in order they're added to the list.

This shouldn't have a huge impact on performance/memory, unless this is something that happens thousands of times each frame :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Cool, thanks. Just to clarify, should dynamic variables be included in both lists, or in only the second one meant for updating variables? It sounds like the first list is checked upon instantiation of the item and the other one is checked from then on.
  • edited March 2019
    Dynamic variables (that use others to calculate a value) only need to be put in the 2nd list (update variables). The 1st list (the regular variables) is only used when instantiating a new item/ability/equipment, the 2nd list (the update variables) is used when instantiating and whenever one of the item/ability/equipment's variables changes.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!