• 1) Like with any other Normal type status value it'll check the maximum value - where this comes from depends on your settings.

2) I'm not sure what you refer to here, but I think you're talking about the CanUse function of the action?
    It doesn't check for AP (or timebar costs, etc.), as they're already marked as used at that point. It checks for use costs/requirements and other stuff (e.g. if the user is dead, or using abilities is blocked, etc.).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited September 2019
    Hey, few new questions!

1) Would there be a way in ORK to switch Equipments viewer somehow? For example to simulate Weapon in Hand/Weapon Holstered effect?

2) How can I set the default move speed type(Walk/Move/Sprint) for mouse style movement?

3) Can I change the speed type mid game though events?

4) Is there any way to play specific events or animations when combatant has selected ability but has not selected target yet? For example to set players Idle to "Cast" animation when casting a spell?
    For example like in this video: (Player plays "Throwing Pose Idle" when you select a bomb)

Post edited by hellwalker on
  • 1. I did this via invisible equipment parts (unholstered) and switch to it in combat.

2.you can control movement speed using custom bonus's. Increasing walk speed by 4-6 and they'll start running if you have position change in auto-animation.

3. By changing this bonus you can.
    Miuratale : coming 2024
    Miuratale
  • Thanks !
    1) could you describe it in a bit more detail?
  • edited September 2019
    It's been awhile since I did this, so this is me trying to remember...

I think what I did was have you equip 2 items at the same time, a holstered version and unholstered. One isn't rendering and the other is. You can have the Battle Start event play an animation of unholstering, while also switching all holstered weapon renderers off, and all unholstered renderers on.

I did it for my characters gun, which used a button press to unholster, so I just tied it to that, which I think is a bit easier to do. She had 2 weapons at all times, but only 1 of them was rendered at a time.

Again, that might be slightly inaccurate, but I believe that's the basic idea.
    Post edited by Wrofir on
    Miuratale
  • Thanks!
    You have two versions of each weapon? Holstered/unholstered in inventory?
  • edited September 2019
    I want to say it was a trick with the equipment viewer and the equipped item, the player only ever sees 1 item.
    Post edited by Wrofir on
    Miuratale
  • edited September 2019
    It might be next week but I'll be handling this soon with my new set up. So if you don't figure it out by then I'll share my process!
    Post edited by Wrofir on
    Miuratale
  • 1) Or, just have 2 equipment viewers for the same part and using game state or variable conditions to only have one active at a time. Using variable conditions probably is the best way to control it :)

2) If enabled, the mouse controls use the player's move speed as defined in the combatant's settings - and since you can e.g. use formulas here, you can control the speed through that.

3) Speed type no, but as said in #2, using formulas (or variables) allows you to change the speed.
    And as @Wrofir said, there are also speed bonuses available, e.g. via a status effect.

4) Hm, no, I don't think so.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited September 2019
    Thank you!
    The equipment viewer with variables works neat.
    Post edited by hellwalker on
  • I have a problem where death animation plays twice.
    I disabled every node in my Death Battle event that I have assign in combatant's Battle Settings->Battle Animations. But the death animation still triggers. I remember there being another setting to "Animate Death Automatically" Somewhere but I can't seem to find it.
    What could be causing death anim to play besides Death Battle Event?
  • The death animation is played by the death action's calculation - i.e. having a Calculate node in your death battle event is enough to play it.
  • Is it supposed to play automatically or if this setting is toggled in Calculate node?

Is a setup possible in ORK where death animation does not play at all? (So i can time it to how I want in death event)

I think I can get around this problem, but having stock Death anim point to nothing and use custom Death anim, but I wanted to see if I can do it with more conventional method.
  • Having Animate Target disabled will not play the animation - but also make sure you don't have Calculation Needed enabled in your battle event's settings.
  • Thank you!
    I have one more question. In Death Battle Event I want to check this:
    If all player enemies, that do not belong to Specific Combatant Type (Obstacle) are dead, End Battle.
    So what I did was use this Select Combatant Node to try to filter combatants, and then I check Selected Data count. For some reason I can't seem to properly target Players enemies.

Am I doing this wrong? Is all enemies specific to faction? Like if enemy dies then Allies and Player group are enemies?
    I do this because some of the combatants are Wooden Barricade Obstacles and I don't want player to have to destroy them all to end combat.