I'd like to be able to create a number of battle spot definitions and assign specific ones to specific combatant groups.

Is this something that is possible currently? It seems like I only get 1 global battle spot for all battles to use.
  • The default battle spots defined in Battle Systsem > Battle Spots can be overridden by each Battle component's Battle Spot Settings, where you can use game objects in the scene to place them where needed.

Both allow setting up separate spots for the player group, allies and enemies, but you can't set up different spots for different enemy groups. However, if you set up spots for an individual battle and know the groups and their sizes, you can just place the spots needed for them :)
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I see, so how would that work with random battles? For example, I have 5 possible groups of enemies that can spawn in a certain area, but each group needs a fairly specific battle spot layout or it looks silly.

Just trying to understand how I can accomplish this.
  • Hm, I don't think this is currently possible - I'll look into it, maybe add battle spot options to combatant groups.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Ill make a plugin for it, assume you have better things to be working on :)
  • Had nothing better to do - combatant group members will be able to define optional custom battle spots (which will override the default spots, but will be overridden by a battle component's battle spots).
  • Well then sounds great! Thanks!