Hi!

I wanna create a scenario whereby when player access an event a menu screen of an inventory will be called listing a list of consumable items, and player can choose to consume any of them, and player will have status changes according to what he chooses.

The thing I wanna know:
1. Menu Screen User Object: which is better? or in other words how do I set up the inventory?
2. Consumable items: since it's not in the player's inventory I can't set it as target self (nor allies or enemies). What should I do?

Thanks!
  • 1) If the inventory isn't the player's inventory, you need to have a user that is a combatant with the inventory you want to access.

2) Hm, yeah, that could be a problem - since you're accessing another (non-player) combatant's inventory, the player can't be the user.
    I'm not sure if this is currently possible.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited March 2019
    Well, cant you use the players inventory and just have these items set to "hidden"?
    I believe if they are set to hidden they dont appear in the inventory, but you can still access and use them.
    Post edited by Wrofir on
    Miuratale : coming 2024
    Miuratale
  • Hm, yeah, that would be possible - although not using hidden items, but using item types for this.

Using sub-types, you can achieve this quite easily - have all the regular item types be sub-types of an overall 'regular inventory' item type and the special items be of a 'special inventory' type.
    Now, you can set up 2 separate inventory menus, one for displaying the regular inventory and one for the special inventory. Using the Set Start Parent Type setting, you can limit the menu to only display items of the defined type and its sub-types.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!