edited April 2019 in ORK Support
Hi all. I have 2 questions for the attack attribute.

1. I am trying to set up a kind of attack bonus that based on the ability's type and user's combatant type. For instance, if the ability is a fire type move and the user is a fire type combatant, I want this ability has 50% bonus damage. Is there any way to do something like this?

2. For the default attack attribute, is there any way I can add a weak flying text that similar to the Immunity flying text?

Thanks a lot :)
Post edited by aadddszzz112 on
  • It's probably best to do this in the formula used to calculate the damage of the fire ability.

E.g. if the fire type of the combatant is defined via a defence attribute, you'd check if the user of the formula has that attribute at the end of the formula (Check Status node) and multiply the formula by 1.5 if the check succeeds.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited April 2019
    Thank you for your prompt reply.

1. If I understand correctly, I can just add multi ability types(like fire, water) and I have to add some if check in the attack damage formula based on the ability's ability type and the user's defense attribute. Let me know if I am wrong.
    Edit: Is there any way I can pass the ability type of current ability to the formula?

2. For the default attack attribute, is there any way I can add a weak flying text that similar to the Immunity flying text?

3. How to make the user to look at the target when he is using an ability to that target?

Thanks a lot !!

• 1) No, you'd use different formulas for the abilities, e.g. a fire formula, a water formula. Since formulas can also use formulas, you can have one formula for the general calculation (that might be shared by the different types) and have separate formulas that do the type based stuff.
    The fire formula would check the user's type (however you set it up) and change the value accordingly.

2) No, while individual sub-attributes can override the text colors of flying texts, there's no weakness flying text.
    You could do this in the battle event used by your abilities, though - the Show Flying Text node can display custom flying texts (e.g. after checking if the target is weak to the attack with a Check Status node).

3) There are different rotation nodes availalbe in the battle event, the best fit would be the Rotate To node, which can also fade the rotation :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited April 2019
    Thank you for the support! I really appreciate your help :)

Now the user is able to face to the target. But what should I do to make the user rotate back to the original rotation? I was trying to store a local game variable by using the Transform To Variable node and adding a second Rotate To in the end with the position set to that game variable. It works fine for my player group, but the enemy is facing the opposite direction.

4) Is there a check node that can check if current user/target belongs to player or enemy group?

5) Can I simply call a function in a script to load the stored scene just like using a Load Scene(Stored Scene) node?

• 6) How to add a animation/event before changing the member on the battle?

I hope I am not asking too much :0
  • To rotate back, you first need to remember the initial rotation, as you already found out you can do this with a Transform To Variable node, e.g. storing the rotation into a local variable.
    Rotating back would use a different node, as the Rotate To node is used to rotate to another game object or position - since you stored the original rotation, you should use a Change Rotation node instead, using Set Rotation and the variable you stored the rotation into.

4) There are different nodes for different checks, e.g. the Check User node, the Check Player node or simply using a Check Faction node or Is Member node (checking if the combatant is part of the player group). You can also use an Is Enemy node to check if 2 combatants are enemies (e.g. user and target).

5) You'd need to write that function yourself :)
    You can get the stored scene data like this:
    SceneTarget target = ORK.Game.GetStoredScene();
    The scene target holds the information for loading the scene (and functions to do so), but if you want to load the scene with screen fades, you'd need to instantiate a new game object with a Scene Changer component and use the scene target in it.

6) That's handled by the Retreat Battle Animation (for the combatant that is leaving battle) and Enter Battle Animation (for the combatant that replaces the other combatant) settings. The default is set up in Battle System > Battle Settings in the Battle Animations settings and can be overridden by each combatant individually.
  • edited April 2019
    I really appreciate your help :)

For the 6), I used a retreat battle event and enter battle event as you said. The animation played, but the member is not changed through the Change Member battle menu (It works if I turn off the Retreat Battle and Enter Battle animation). What node should I use to manually change the combatant?
  • You need to use a Calculate node like in any other battle event (or enable needing caculation in the battle event's settings node) - that's where the member change happens :)