I'm not sure why, but even though I change the cell offset in Battle System > Battle Grid Settings it doesn't seem to affect it at all. There's always the same separation between individual cells when I generate a battle grid. I'm trying to make cells closer so they can fit better the terrain blocks but so far it's been impossible. Any ideas why this is happening?
  • This setting is also affected by the cell prefab size. You may need to change the size of your prefab cell in prefab editor, there is also a possibility that those cells you are using have an empty space on the outside.
  • I can move each cell manually on the editor but they always generate with a 0.1 offset from each other (measured from the cell center) plus the cell size. I want to eliminate that offset, but even though I erased it in the setting and set it to 0 it doesn't change. I already tried reducing the GridSquare prefab (this is all testing from the Mission Grid project) but the result is just small cells with a lot of distance from each other. Even changing the cell size in the settings doesn't affect the distance between cells at all, I cannot find anything else that could create some sort of overlap of settings...
  • edited May 2019
    Which ORK version are you using? There was an issue in some previous versions where the grid settings where not updated in the scene view, but that should be solved in the latest udpates (since ORK 2.14.0 2.24.0).
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited May 2019
    I've been testing this in the latest version of the Mission Grid project for Unity 2018 with Ork 2.23 to make sure it wasn't some incompatibility with anything from my main project but the issue remains the same even in the clean tutorial project.
    Post edited by nilead on
  • Oh, sorry, I meant ORK 2.24.0 - so you have a version where this issue is present. Either update to a newer version or just hit play (and stop playing) after making changes to the grid settings to force the new settings in the editor.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I deleted ork and reinstalled it again and now it works for some reason. Thanks for the help anyways, great support!