I want to make it so that equipping certain types of equipment costs some X amount of consumable status value.

For example, i have a passive ability HP+, i want it to cost 5 Passive Points (PP) to equip it.

I have maxPP and PP defines as status values. I have equip requirements defined to make sure enough PP are available.

I'm not sure how to make the equip of the item consume the required points, or unequip refund them.
  • Check out the Game Event Settings in the equipment's Level Settings.
    You can use the Equip Game Event to consume items/status values and the Unequip Game Event to refund them.

Also, instead of having to set up events for all the different costs, you could automate it by using equipment variables (set up in the equipment) and selected data (in the event to access the variables).

The combatant that the equipment is equipped/unequipped on is a 'Starting Object' actor, the equipment itself is available as 'action' selected data.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Ok, in the equip event for example, is it possible to reject the equip action based on some other logic?
  • Since the game event is executed after the equipment has been equipped, you could do whatever checks you want in the event and unequip it if needed.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Does the selected data include the part that the piece was equipped to?
  • No ... and I see that we're missing a node/options to unequip the equipment stored in selected data.
    Will look into adding that in the next update :)
  • Ah!!! I feel bad, I keep hitting roadblocks and making you fix them :P
  • Ok all of that is working, but is there a way I can show the positive/negative change in a consumable status value?

For example:

PlayerA has 10 Ability Points (AP) expressed as a fraction of maximum AP (MaxAP)
    MaxAP is a normal status value and AP is a consumable status value

HP+ is a passive skill with a bonus that increases HP. It requires 4 AP to equip

Now because the HP bonus is on a 'Normal' status value, that properly shows the adjustment in the menu. But AP is a consumable type status value and I dont see any way to present that this will consume 4AP on equip.

• Yeah ... no, that's not possible.
    Since equipment doesn't change consumable stats (that's why you're doing this in the equip event), there's no preview for that.

You could set it up differently, though - having AP as a Normal type value using MaxAP as the value's maximum value via the Use Other Status Value setting in the stat's value range settings.
    That way you could have the AP 'consumption' set up as a negative bonus, would also remove the need to reduce AP in the equip event.
  • I will try that