I'm wondering if there is a way to make a heart pop out of a characters portrait when a dialogue choice is made. I need the heart to appear and move in an arc, then disappear again, and to be able to trigger this from a dialogue choice. Preferably I need to be able to make several different hearts of different colors be triggered at the same time and do similar things without obscuring eachother. Any advice for how to accomplish this?
  • Check out the image nodes (UI > Image), they should allow you to do something like that.
    However, that'd only be used after the choice dialogue was closed, i.e. if the portrait was displayed by the dialogue it would already be gone.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited May 2019
    Okay cool. Found that and it works. Is there a way to make it follow a curved path?
    Post edited by Whatexists on
  • No, but if you're using the new UI, you could also set up a UI prefab that does what you want and spawn that on one of ORK's canvases (for the layer it should be on).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!