• Maybe a autostart event on the main menu that removes all images?
    Miuratale : coming 2024
    Miuratale
  • Thanks Wrofir, it worked splendidly. I still need a solution for Load Menu, through.
  • Hm, you could use a GUI layer above the one used by the image (and screen fader) for your load menu stuff, and add a background image as well to hide everything behind it.

When the game is loaded, you can use a global event to clean up the image - using Scene event type and Load Game scene change type to start it for a load game scene transition (maybe with In Old Scene enabled).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • JMRJMR
    edited March 2020
    I have an animation parameter that multiplies animation speed (mecanim). I want to be able to create a slider that changes this value, but I have no idea how to do it. Parameters seems to work as variables, however Ork doesn't recognize them as such.

BTW: How do you do slider in HUDs?
    Post edited by JMR on
  • You can't have sliders in HUDs.

You need to use a Value Input Dialogue node for that - or an Option menu part.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Alright, but how can I can use animation parameter as variable so I can change it using ork?
  • Hm, yeah ... right, I don't think that's possible with just ORK.
    You could use a small script to set a parameter based on the ORK variable, though.

E.g. to set a float parameter with a global float variable:
    animator.SetFloat("parameterName", ORK.Game.Variables.GetFloat("variableKey"));
  • JMRJMR
    edited March 2020
    My knowledge of scripting is pretty much nonexistent. Where should I attach my script? Is this script ok:

using System.Collections;
    using System.Collections.Generic;
    using UnityEngine;
    using ORKFramework;
    using UnityEngine;

public class NewBehaviourScript : MonoBehaviour
    {
    // Start is called before the first frame update
    void Start()
    {
    animator.SetFloat("AnimationSpeedMultiplayer", ORK.Game.Variables.GetFloat("AnimationSpeedMultiplayer"));
    }

// Update is called once per frame
    void Update()
    {

}
    }

Post edited by JMR on
  • That's better:
    using System.Collections;
    using System.Collections.Generic;
    using UnityEngine;
    using ORKFramework;
    using UnityEngine;

public class ORKAnimatorSpeedScript : MonoBehaviour
    {
    public Animator animator;

void Start()
    {
    if(this.animator == null)
    {
    this.animator = this.GetComponentInChildren<Animator>();
    }
    ORK.Game.Variables.FloatChanged += this.Changed;
    }

public void Changed(VariableHandler handler, string key)
    {
    if(this.animator != null &&
    key == "AnimationSpeedMultiplayer")
    {
    this.animator.SetFloat("AnimationSpeedMultiplayer", ORK.Game.Variables.GetFloat("AnimationSpeedMultiplayer"));
    }
    }
    }

This will update the animator whenever the variable is changed - you can also assign the animator in the component's inspector (otherwise it'll search for the animator on the game object and its child objects).
  • JMRJMR
    edited March 2020
    Script works! :)
    I want to have my slider to be always on during combat. I added Value Input Dialogue node to battle start event, but it works by showing slider before battle battle begins, demanding input, and then it disappears and battle starts. Is there a work around for this?

In a surprising turn of events, increasing animation speed by 200 and decreasing wait node time to 0,001 resulted in only about 30%-50% decrease in enemies turn time. By disconnecting all animation and wait nodes I managed to get a few hundred % decrease. What caused this?

My guess would be that trying to execute animation node, even in 200 faster mode costs about 0,1- 0,2 seconds to execute. I am correct?
    Post edited by JMR on
  • Executing the animation node costs nearly nothing in time, unless you're using wait options.
  • JMRJMR
    edited March 2020
    The problem was caused by wait nodes. I set up them to 0,001 via formula. However I screwed up so it was set up to 1 :) Now my animation speed system works !

1)I am playing with Temporary Cell Event. I use event on the prefabs, using the Has Temp. Cell Event node to remove it when event goes away from the cell.

It works only if there is a single event cell. When I set up cell event that lasted 2 turns, activated number 1 in first turn, activated number 2 in second turn, then when 3rd turn began the first event prefab should disappear, it stayed. Only in 4 the turn both prefab have disappear.

It also looks like the first event stayed until prefab disappeared. I guess it was caused by the fact that cell object became a global object, so when I create the second effect it reseted the first timeclock?

Is there a way to create global object +1 other than manually checking if there is global object in the scene and based on that creating a object +x ? I suspect this approach to cause some unforeseen bugs.

2) I think I forgot to write this in new update release thread, but the problem when current attack assigned to left mouse button overtakes abilities targeting enemies, so when I try to use offensive ability from shortcuts it turns into default ability still persist.

3) When I use Info text box as a tooltip, the tooltip doesn't disappear when I move it over UI. This really decreases readability.

4) For some reason when I click escape during battle a battle menu appears, the same battle menu from tutorials. I don't have those type of menu in my game I don't know what causes this.

Post edited by JMR on
  • 1) You can have separate temporary cell events per cell via the Event Key and also use that to identify that specific event in the Has Temp. Cell Event node.
    Using the same key when adding an event (or no key) will replace the current event.

2) Have you enabled Only Cursor Over Target and Use Cursor Over Target in the control map key (or now in the ability's Control Map Targeting settings)?

3) I'll need more details here - I guess info text box is a GUI box, how's that set up, and which UI are you moving over?
    Generally, how you set up your tooltips is up to you, e.g. you can use a GUI box that follows the cursor.

4) If you don't use battle menus, I guess you're using escape in a shortcut HUD?
  • 1) Will check it out :)
    2) Yes, I did.
    3) I move it over shortcuts, console, combatants huds, Turn Order, Info Huds and tooltips. I want move costs to disappear when I move it over UI.

4) Yes, but escape is just cancel in my setup, it's not assigned to control maps.